Pages

Wednesday 9 July 2014

How to Add More Protein to Your Diet



Like a lot of people, I thought only body builders ( MEN) should be actively trying to pack their diets with protein. 

Protein has way more uses than just to build muscle, and I think it gets a bad rap.

                                                   + how much protein should I be eating?
Lean protein is an excellent way to fuel the body, on average you should be consuming 56 grams a day for men and 46 grams per day if you're female ( the Recommended Daily Allowance), but when trying to lose weight/gain muscle you can almost double that.

                     //won't increasing my protein intake make me fat?

If you're aiming to lose weight protein can also be very helpful. I used to think if I eat a lot of protein or take protein powders I'd gain weight like crazy. That's not true however. Protein is useful in weight loss because it leaves you feeling fuller for longer than carbohydrates do [ man do I love my carbs ]. When you no longer feel the incessant urge to snack it makes weight loss much easier, although upping your intake too much and not moving around can make you fat ( but it's harder to do than you think).






          + isn't eating a lot of protein expensive?
While you might think that buying a ton of sea food ( a great lean protein ) will cost you dearly, It's simple to add more protein into your diet without breaking the bank.

Eggs are SUPER cheap and are a great source of protein
  • Almond Milk
  • Peanut Butter
  • Tuna
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Nuts, Beans and Legumes
Also, you can make your very own protein shakes, or buy them at the store for a great pre/ post workout snack [ drink technically, but you know what I mean ] and pinterest is a GREAT place to find recipes.



Comment below and tell me how YOU add protein to your diet, get your picky kids to eat it, or with any other questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and get back to every single comment you leave. Thank you for making my day!