Pages

Friday 21 November 2014

Shepherd's Pie

Linking up with Five on Friday, Oh Hey Friday, Foodie Friday & Pretty Pintastic Party

I wasn't such a huge fan of Shepherd's Pie until I made it myself. This is the family recipe for it , it should be able to serve 6 medium size portions of  perfect, filling comfort food.

I hope you enjoy these 5 easy steps to a delicious meal , and if you make it - remember to take a picture of the final product unlike me, 'cause I forgot!!

Here's what you'll need;

  • 1/2 lb mince
  • 1 medium size onion
  • 2lbs potatoes
  • gravy browning
  • black pepper ( to taste )
  • 1/2 a stock cube
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon italian herbs
  • 3 oz of cheeze
  • 1 tablespoon of ketchup
Method;
  1. Chop your onions finely , then peel and chop your potatoes into large chunks. Put the potatoes to boil.While your potatoes are boiling, brown your mince.
  2. Once the mince is brown, add the onions and cover them with water. Leave it to simmer.Your potatoes should be ready to mash at this point. Mash them. When you're done. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius, or  350 Fahrenheit.
  3. Add half a stock cube, black pepper, a few drops of gravy browning, garlic & italian herbs. Replace pot lid and allow it to simmer gently.While your mince is simmering, grease the inside of the dish with a little butter on aluminum foil.Spread a layer of potato along the bottom of the dish, this will be your base.
  4. Layer the mince on top of the potato. Add another layer of potato on top of this. Grate cheese and put a layer of cheese on top of the potato.
  5. Cover this with cheese and put it in the oven for about 30 mins or until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. HI Jen, Shepherd's Pie is such a great recipe to add to your repertoire. It's so economical for a family, not only money wise but time wise cos you can freeze it and have it for later meals. And it's nutritious and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Jen! Thanks for sharing your family recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy, shepherd's pie! I think I discovered its existence back in my second year of college, and I adored it. <3 (I keep making variations of it now, haha.) Thanks for sharing this recipe! :]

    ReplyDelete

I read and get back to every single comment you leave. Thank you for making my day!